When Toby was a baby I had milk delivered
twice a week. We moved and I never got around to organising it again. So you can imagine how pleased I was to find out that @freshmilkandmore deliver in my area.
Living in the countryside and working from home, it’s so useful to know that I can order fresh items and store cupboard staples with no minimum order and they’ll be with me the following morning. Better still, as all of the milk and juice is delivered in glass bottles, I can do my bit to use less plastic
and serve my family organically grown produce. This week I ordered an organic veg box, some amazing cheddar and made the most delicious orzo risotto. Let me know if you try it? #Ad
butternut squash - peeled and chopped
2 onions - finely chopped
3 cloves garlic - crushed
750ml - 1 litre hot stock
100g grated cheese - strong cheddar
Optional truffle oil to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Add the squash to a baking tray, drizzle with oil and season. Roast for25 minutes.
- Sauté the onion until soft, then add the garlic. Add the orzo and coat in the onion and garlic.
- Add 2 ladles of the stock and stir. Simmer and let
the orzo absorb the stock.
- Add the squash and add more stock, repeat
until the stock is absorbed and the orzo cooked.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Quickly fry the sage leaves in a little oil and top the risotto.
- Drizzle with truffle oil.